Marketing Manager (BBC Sounds)
This job has been closed.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London - New Broadcasting House
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
BBC Sounds is currently looking for a permanent Marketing Manager based in New Broadcasting House, London.
This is an exciting time to be joining the BBC Sounds marketing team, to help lead the strategic direction of our acquisition and retention goals, working closely with our Curation and Content Discovery teams to help listeners discover new and relevant content on BBC Sounds.
In this role you will be responsible for managing the BBC Sounds Marketing Coordinator.
As Marketing Manager for BBC Sounds you will be helping to lead the strategic thinking and planning for BBC Sounds to continue to build brand love & understanding of our audio platform. The successful candidate will lead and coordinate the Sounds content plan to drive growth and loyalty amongst our light and lapsed under 35s.
Working closely with the Audiences, Social Media, Editorial, Media Planning, Communications and Creative teams, you will use your experience and expertise to turn data driven insights into brilliant campaigns. You will create work that will define and establish BBC Sounds’ essential role in the BBC’s brand portfolio, both for the BBC and for our audiences.
Specifically, you will bring experience in demonstrating strong strategic thinking and translating this into brand strategies & marketing plans. Experience of managing 360 marketing campaigns across all audience touch points & a good understanding of our digital competitors and the broader digital media landscape will be key.
You will bring considerable digital and social knowledge to the team and work with our Digital Marketing Development team to help build our digital capability. You will help make our extensive audio offer in Sounds, coherent for audiences to navigate & understand. You will attract audiences, drive credit back to the BBC and help shift perceptions of our audio offer through all that you do. You will work with a complex matrix of stakeholders, with differing needs and varying drivers.
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for:
- Experienced Marketing Manager with a good understanding of leading & delivering brand and content led strategies, ability to deliver multi media campaigns (TV, Radio, OOH, & digital)
- Excellent digital marketing skills and experience delivering acquisition and retention campaigns
- Creative flair and passion for audio (music streaming, radio & podcast market) with a real understanding of the competitive market place
- Autonomous self starter with line management experience and the ability to nurture strong business relationships
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here