Cyber Security Apprentice
This job has been closed.
BBC Information Security is offering four level 4 apprenticeship schemes in either Salford or London within our Governance team and Security Operations Centre. It will give you the chance to develop your information security skills working for the world’s leading public service broadcaster and receive high class industry recognised training.
The BBC, like other organisations around the world, is targeted by cyber-attacks, and has to make sure that information stays safe. The information security teams ensure that the the BBC is a digitally secure place and our content is protected from compromise.
Working in either Salford or London, you will be taking an active role in the BBC Information Security team; working to maintain and promote all aspects of information security across the organisation:
- keeping information and systems secure
- writing and ensuring compliance with information security related policies
- liaising with 3rd party suppliers
- conducting compliance reviews
- managing information security related risks
- providing advice, guidance, training, and awareness activities
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in one of the most interesting, demanding and creative industries in the world alongside our team of information security professionals. You’ll be able to develop your own skills and abilities in an organisation that’s diverse, challenging and always rewarding.
Are you the right candidate?
The role is idea for someone with excellent problem solving skills who has an interest in information technology and security.
- Should be able to describe technologies already researched, giving details of their benefits and risks.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn about new technologies when directed by management.
- Good knowledge of Outlook as well as intermediate knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confidence to ask for assistance when necessary.
- A positive attitude towards communication within the organisation.