Business Affairs Manager
The job has expired.
Contract type: Continuing
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British television, leading the way in creative storytelling. We already produce 2500+ hours of content every year and we are growing.
We have an exciting new opportunity to join the fantastic Unscripted Business Affairs team as we look to hire an outstanding Business Affairs Manager to work across the factual genre based in Scotland.
BBC Studios are a leading producer of factual content in Scotland. Our output includes the BBC’s Landmark series Earth’s Sacred Wonders (BBC1), Alan Yentob’s flagship art series Imagine (BBC1), Trust Me I’m a Doctor (BBC2), This Farming Life (BBC2), Landward (BBC1 Scotland), and One Show Arts and Science films (BBC1). We also make studio shows and a number of single-hour documentaries such as Raymond Briggs: Snowmen, Bogeymen and Milkmen, and Angela Carter: Of Wolves and Women. So what about you?
Your role will be to help ensure that BBC Studios creates Intellectual Property to maximise audience value and commercial return in a digital and global media environment by:
- Managing, organising and advising on rights, legal and business affairs activities
- Implementing talent and other rights strategies, policies and frameworks
- Legal negotiation and complex contracting
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships and partnerships
- Building and managing high performing teams.
Are you the right candidate?
Working within Business Affairs requires a coherent approach by way of close collaboration and/or embedded ways of working with all departments across BBC Studios.
You will have in depth knowledge of, and experience gained from, the broadcast, production and/or digital media sector. With comprehensive knowledge of current market intelligence and global media trends you will be an experienced negotiator across rights management, contracting and copyright with a proven track record in team collaboration.
You will know how to manage risk in a complex matrixed environment with the relevant legal experience required to advise on all aspects of content IP. Knowledge of BBC policy (for example, Fair Trading frameworks) would be an advantage.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here