Finance Executive, BBC Global News
The job has expired.
Location: Delhi, India
Local terms and conditions apply
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in India.
BBC World News, the BBC’s commercially funded international 24-hour news and information channel, is owned and operated by BBC Global News Ltd, a member of the BBC’s commercial group of companies. BBC World News attracts 74 million viewers a week, is available in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide, and reaches 295 million households and more than 1.7 million hotel rooms. The channel’s content is also available on 81 cruise ships, 46 airlines, 36 mobile phone networks and a number of major online platforms including bbc.com/news. For further information on how to receive BBC World News, download schedules or find out more about the channel, visit bbcworldnews.com.
- To support in Accounts Receivable including preparation, verification & processing invoices for services rendered, responsible for collections by sending reminders & post collections in accounting software, perform customer reconciliations, generate SOA for customers and resolving customer queries, etc.
- To support in monthly closings, recons and other month-end activities, including accounting for accruals, accrual reversals, year-end statutory closing requirements.
- To support on Accounts Payable along with co-ordination with the third party vendor and customer recons, work with IBM to clear weekly payment run and suggest and confirm appropriate taxes.
- To support in Statutory Audit and internal audit process, including preparing Variance Analysis for expenses, along with Bank & Balance Sheet reconciliations, including Inter-company reconciliations.
- To support on any other ad hoc requirements for Finance and business support function.
Are you the right candidate?
- Qualified Chartered Accountant/Chartered Accountant (Intermediate Level), having knowledge of general accounting, Balance Sheet and Bank reconciliations
- Demonstrable industry experience
- ERP (like SAP/S4) working experience essential
- Strong inter-personal and written and oral communication skills
- To be able to work under pressure and work to deadlines,e.g.,month-end and year ends
- Having sound knowledge of tax and withholding laws
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here