Talent Executive â BBC Studios, Production Management
This job has been closed.
Contract type:12 month FTC
Location: Bristol (currently remote, but will require some presence in Bristol office once restrictions lifted). Open to flexible working requests
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
Mae’r sefyllfa gyda’r coronafeirws yn datblygu’n gyflym, ac mae’r BBC yn awyddus i barhau i sicrhau diogelwch a lles pobl ar draws y BBC, gan barhau i warchod ein gwasanaethau hefyd. I leihau’r risg, dim ond y bobl sy’n hanfodol i’n hallbwn darlledu fydd yn cael mynediad i adeiladau’r BBC. O ddydd Mercher 18fed Mawrth ymlaen, bydd pob asesiad a chyfweliad yn cael ei gynnal o bell, nes rhoddir gwybod yn wahanol. I gael mwy o wybodaeth, ewch i https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
BBC Studios is a powerhouse of bold British television content, leading the way in creative storytelling, known and celebrated around the world for the quality of its programmes. Launched as a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC in 2018, merging the commercial and distribution arm BBC Worldwide, BBC Studios works with customers around the world in generating financial returns for licence fee payers. It generates revenues of £1.4bn and returns over £200 million annually to the BBC Group.
Working with the best British writers, directors and programme-makers, BBC Studios champions British creativity, crafting over 2500 hours of content every year through seven production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. And that’s not all, BBC Studios are a committed partner to the UK’s thriving independent production community, as well as other broadcasters and digital platforms, delivering content that showcases the best of British talent, stamped with the hallmark of quality.
BBC Studios is the most awarded Production Company and the biggest independent producer in the UK. Bristol is one of BBC Studios’ biggest production bases, the home of two major genres, producing output for both the British and international market:
- The BBC Studios Natural History Unit is the best known and most loved producer of Natural History content in the world and responsible for some of the most globally successful factual content of the past 10 years. With ground-breaking technology & innovation, revealing the wonders of nature through exceptional storytelling on a wide range of productions, such as Seven Wolds: One Planet, Dynasties, Animals with Cameras, Blue Planet Live & Springwatch.
- The Factual Entertainment and Events “Unscripted” team produces a wide range of original, diverse, well-loved and highly acclaimed TV productions, such as DIY SOS, Nigella, Antiques Roadshow and Countryfile as well as the RHS Flower Shows and Gardeners’ World.
The Talent team which supports that business provides a top class search and outreach function for all the business delivered from BBC Studios in Bristol. The Talent team forms part of the HR service, working directly with programme makers to find & attract the best talent in the business.
We are currently looking for a Talent Executive, with a strong knowledge of the broadcast TV and content production market to join the team on a fixed term basis. This role is particularly focused on production management recruitment. The ideal candidate will have a background in content production for broadcast television and understand the needs for/have experience of sourcing off-screen talent for productions on both a forward planned and fast-turnaround basis.
The selected candidate will be responsible for attracting and engaging the best production management talent with the right skillsets to work on our award winning productions.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand and share knowledge about the external talent market, ensuring the long term needs of the business are known and shared.
- Work with the leadership team to support the strategic planning of talent, aligning it with the business plan for each genres.
- Maintain a highly engaged pipeline of diverse talent for the region / local market, advising the senior group on talent options that match the business objectives and vision.
- Support and lead the delivery of unit initiatives and events to ensure good communication with potential, new talent.
- Establish and maintain meaningful relationships across management and key cross-functional stakeholders internally (eg HR, Reward and Diversity teams)
- Collaborate with others on the recruiting team on initiatives and/or projects as required
- To own the day-to-day relationships with all key client stakeholders who interact with your area of specialism
- Support the division or functional team by ensuring recruitment and HR guidelines and approvals processes are known and understood by all.
- Find and engage unique talent through creative sourcing techniques
- Managing the end to end hire from engagement through to offer stage, working closely with HR to support the approvals process and business cases where appropriate.
Are you the right candidate?
- A background in content production for broadcast television either to Producer level in editorial or Production Manager level in production management
- An existing network/prior experience tracking off screen talent – this is critical to the role
- A passion and enthusiasm for diversity & inclusion
- Proven experience in full cycle recruiting at all levels for a non-scripted, production focused environment
- Creative skills in being able to identify talent requirements from production briefs or hiring Manager briefing
- Demonstrable passion and knowledge of talent needs in production with extensive understanding of the local market
- Experience of working with key stakeholders, influencing and supporting, in order to deliver to strategic objectives.
- Experience negotiating rates and understanding budgetary requirements of productions
- Demonstrable ability to be detail-oriented, and have strong organisational skills.
- Experience of meeting deadlines and operating successfully in a fast paced, constantly changing, production environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with a good understanding of customer requirements.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here