Assistant Producer, FEE (Development)
This job has been closed.
Contract type: 12 Month FTC
Location: TVC, London
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
The situation regarding the coronavirus outbreak is developing quickly and the BBC is keen to continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of people across the BBC, while continuing to protect our services. To reduce the risk access to BBC buildings is limited to those essential to our broadcast output. From Wednesday 18th March until further notice all assessments and interviews will be conducted remotely. For more information go to https://www.bbc.co.uk/careers/
We are looking for a Development AP for a one year contract to work in development for Factual Entertainment & Events. This particular role is focused on US facing development, working on ideas for US broadcasters and SVODs.
Knowledge of the US market and experience developing for US networks, cable channels and the SVODs (including Netflix) will be a bonus. A seasoned UK Fact Ent developer without US experience will also be considered.
- To support the development, management and creation content on a variety of platforms.
- To work effectively with other departments, suppliers & partners (internal & external) ensuring the BBC maintains excellent relationships throughout.
- To ensure all content is of a first class standard: thoroughly researched and accurate, in-keeping with audience needs and expectations.
- To ensure that output complies with BBC editorial, technical, design and accessibility standards, and that BBC Health and Safety policy is observed.
- To be technically proficient to the requirements of the role.
- Direct and coordinate resources in a busy, production environment.
- Nurture and develop junior members of the team
- To ensure BBC output reflects the needs of our audiences.
- Creative self-starter with initiative and tenacity and ability to see how their work fits in with the wider needs of department.
- To use a variety of specialist production skills in a multi-skilled environment.
Are you the right candidate?
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record in generating new Fact Ent series and reformatting existing ideas. You will have excellent writing skills, be confident creating eye-catching decks and be comfortable using PowerPoint.
- Previous experience working in unscripted/factual entertainment TV development
- Experience in creating first class content.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a broadcast or content production environment
- Familiarity with research techniques and sources for the verification of the accuracy of material.
- Experience of writing clear and concise material which may be used for briefs, scripts, or digital platforms.
- Ability to use IT proficiently, including a range of software packages.
- Experience of influencing, negotiating and communicating effectively both internally and with external agencies/partners.
- A strong communicator and ability to simplify complex problems. Proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels and experience managing commercial and contractual relationships with third party suppliers and partners.
- Effective planning and organising skills. Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines or changing priorities.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here