Social Media Manager, BritBox
The job has expired.
*Please note: this is a 6 month temp-to-perm position*
**You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role
Bring BritBox to life in our organic social media channels, showcasing our unique content & streaming service to engage our current audience and reach new audiences. Own the social media posting process from beginning to end, from ideas through to execution, including writing witty, compelling post copy, sourcing images and/or working with creative partners for clips and content.
- Content planning: Plan and maintain the social posting calendar for active platforms (Facebook & Instagram). Proactively seek out new ideas through a combination of your British television knowledge, previous learnings and insights, and by partnering with our creative & marketing leads. Stay close to best practices for social media to try new posts or concepts on different platforms.
- Content creation & publishing: Own or direct creative production from beginning to end, (sourcing, producing and editing show-based content & directing a relevant agency as applies), resulting in engaging posts in a variety of formats. Publish & schedule all posts and make changes to scheduling as required.
- Boosting: Boost posts & manage boosting budget.
- Community Management: Actively and frequently participate in conversations with our community on social media, increasing engagement levels and improving loyalty/advocacy.
- Optimization & Reporting: Compile monthly reporting to show month-over-month trends, and provide insights and recommendations which optimize and improve future posts.
Are you the right candidate?
- Proven copywriting skills & experience
- The agility, flexibility, and lateral thinking needed to be the lead for social media in a small, fast-moving team and a growing business.
- Proven history of proactively seeking out new opportunities and ideas on social media
- Interest or existing knowledge of British television, both old favorites & classics and the latest titles
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage own time in order to execute day-to-day and project requirements to a high standard.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here