This job has been closed.
***You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
BBC Studios is responsible for idea development, production, distribution and channels around the globe. It has a turnover of c. £1.4 billion with over 3,000 employees globally. BBC Studios brings customers and audiences across the world distinctive and high-quality content covering a range of genres including prestige dramas, British comedy, natural history events and topical documentaries, through a unique combination of BBC values, cutting-edge craft and access to diverse talent from all markets.
As Vice President of Marketing in the Americas region, you will design and implement an audience-led marketing and media strategy to develop and enhance the commercial relationship between BBC Studios and its global strategic customers. You will be responsible for both aligning insight to themes that match the strategic imperative of our most valuable customers as well as developing deep relationships with their marketing counterparts to ensure marketing solutions add value to both their business and our brand.
The role is both externally-facing and will also represent the Americas business priorities internally across BBC Studios and the global marketing organization. You will have extensive experience in driving commercially successful strategies through partnership marketing, with an extensive background in leveraging digital marketing strategies and consumer insights. The role will work in the NY offices for BBC Studios, reporting into the President of BBC Americas.
- Audience, Customer and Market understanding and thought-leadership across our top Strategic Global Customers and branded services.
- Building the business: Using the BBC Studios brand and content to enhance and develop commercial opportunities with our top Strategic Global Customers and to inform BBC’s direct to consumer strategy.
Develop strong relationships and traction with customer marketing counterparts and building relevant customer-centric marketing capabilities by:
- CUSTOMER MEDIA STRATEGY INTELLIGENCE: Creating a methodology and system to support customer marketing teams to evaluate the ROI of their media choices (traditional and social) to support BBC Studios content launches (post implementation analysis, ROIs, audience reach and viewing intent learnings).
- AMPLIFYING BBC STUDIOS CONTENT LAUNCHES: Building pitches of potential creative campaigns for content in it’s early-stage development for use in external content pitches. Partner with global customers to design and deliver key content launches of BBC Studios content.
- COMPETITOR TRACKING: Staying close to competitor launches and trends. Provide the business (and customers where relevant) with executive summaries of how launches have performed and been activated globally.
- SELL: Partnering with Sales and Production colleagues to pitch both individual content projects and wider expansive partnerships. Pitch creative/brand and media plans for new content, co-design and deliver content launches with customers and agencies (including BBC Studios in-house Creative Agency) and own the ongoing customer dialogue of audience trends and opportunities that BBC Studios can help them unlock.
- CUSTOMER MARKETING EVENTS: Partnering with BBC Studios’ Trade Marketing team to define, design and deliver the local (US) trade event calendar and customer engagement plans. Design customer specific insight-led events that unlock growth opportunities for BBC Studios.
- BUILDING OUT AUDIENCE-LED INSIGHTS TO DRIVE GROWTH: Working with the central Insights team to understand trends, behaviors and attitudes towards TV viewing, detect tribes and trends. Ensuring that the relevant insights support the account teams to unlock growth opportunities.
- TRACKING SPECIFIED COMPETITOR CONTENT STRATEGIES AND PERFORMANCE: Proactively identifying opportunities for BBCS to partner the top customers in creating standout content strategies.
- ASSESSING CUSTOMER PERFORMANCE TO UNLOCK GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES: Understanding and using customers’ editorial and commercial strategies to create new leads across the different lines of business within BBC Studios.
- ESTABLISHING BEST IN CLASS REPORTING AND EXTERNAL THOUGHT LEADERSHIP: Build, regularly update and report a multi-platform view of the global TV market.
- BUILDING AUDIENCES: Understand audience “path to viewing” for each global customer – define where BBC Studios can add value to each global customer in acquiring new audiences/subscribers.
- RETAINING AUDIENCES: Understand churn and audience retention patterns – define where BBC Studios can add value to each global customer in retaining low-loyal audiences/subscribers.
Are you the right candidate?
Marketing & Brand Expertise
- A proven track record within a global Marketing environment
- Experience of customer marketing, focusing on customer engagement and creating strong customer relationships to the brand
- Experience of building brands or evidence of brand sensibility across multi- platforms – understanding the complexity involved in this
- Consumer analytics, including building brands and promoting content within a digital/social media environment
- Ability to manage the trade-off between short-term commercial advantage and longer term concerns
- Clear track record of delivering across a matrix managed/multi-product and multi-channel media organization
- Entrepreneurship; successful track record of generating innovating ideas and executing, through challenging the status quo
- Possess up-to-date knowledge and experience of global marketing and have a deep understanding of the threats and opportunities for media companies in a digital age
- Successful track record of delivering business targets in a line and matrix management structure
- Ability to make tough marketing decisions and bring others along with their decision
- A good understanding and awareness of customer and consumer behavior
- Proven ability to prioritize through analytical capability and clarity of thinking, to build global strategy across cross-functional teams
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to coach, build, and empower a small team
- Proven success at building strong effective relationships, demonstrating an ability to lead/manage successfully, through change
- Accountability-made decisions
- Extensive knowledge and networks in the media market, with the ability to build trusted relationships, across the global media market
- An enthusiasm for BBC Studios strategic objectives, and an appreciation of its values.
- Ability to execute a strategy, in a situation of organizational transformation, through demonstrable influencing skills.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here