Lawyer, Corporate and Operations, 12 month contract
The job has expired.
Contract: 12 month FTC/Attachment
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more. (UK centric)
BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British, content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, operate in 22 markets globally and generate revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands such as Dr Who, Hey Duggee and Top Gear, outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
We have an exciting opportunity for an aspiring Lawyer to join the Business and Legal Affairs team on a 12 month fixed term contract. The role will support all technology, procurement and operations matters globally in BBCS, working closely with business leads and Business & Legal Affairs colleagues within divisions. This role is part of the BLA Corporate & Operations team, which spans not only technology and operations matters but also advises on BBCS corporate and joint venture activity globally.
- Assisting with technology, procurement and content operations legal matters, developing precedents, as required;
- Providing support on technology and content operations projects, working closely with the relevant stakeholders to ensure effective negotiation and timely completion of the contracts required;
- Advising, drafting and negotiating legal documentation for technology and content operations projects and transactions, including technology and outsourcing arrangements and operations agreements associated with the global distribution and supply of programmes, channels and digital services;
- Assisting other members of the Regulatory Affairs team in assessing suppliers and licensing partners for compliance with key company policies (including the Ethical Trading Policy) through the review and analysis of appropriate documentation;
- Ensuring compliance with BBC policies and procedures and relevant legislation and regulations to manage risk, ensuring good governance and protecting the BBC's brand and reputation; and
- Forging strong relationships with different stakeholders across the business, including the BLA team, Operations, Design and Engineering, Procurement, Finance, and the Data Protection and Information Security teams.
Are you the right candidate?
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- You will be a qualified commercial lawyer with a technology background, with at least 2 years PQE.
- You will have experience in technology arrangements, including software development and SaaS agreements, hardware supply arrangements, hosting and maintenance agreements, and technology licences, professional services agreements and outsourcing arrangements.
- You’ll also bring a sound understanding of other aspects of law relevant to technology, procurement and operations transactions, including intellectual property and data protection.
- With a passion for entertainment, you’ll demonstrate an awareness of the challenges we face and how to support the business in its endeavours.
- With a collaborative communication style, and demonstrable experience forging effective working relationships at all levels, you’ll be skilled at negotiating and contracting.
- You’ll thrive in a fast paced environment, be adept at managing your own workload through efficient organisation and ability to prioritise.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.