Finance Specialist - Finance Transformation, 3 month contract
This job has been closed.
Contract: 3 month contract
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days holiday with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more. (UK centric)
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
We have an opportunity for a Finance Specialist to join the team on a 3 month attachment.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, the role will support the stabilisation of the new system implementation that went live 12 months ago. The system implementation included S4 Hana for transactional data and a financial consolidation system (SAP BPC) that will deliver statutory, management and other external reporting requirements. The role will be responsible for delivering and supporting stabilisation tasks and ensuring that the system complies with group accounting policies and generally accepted accounting standards and practices.
Investigate concerns raised by the business, offer advice and recommendations to the regional business teams and the Head of Finance. Once agreed, implement the solution to ensure the system meets the business requirements.
Design and implement a process for ensuring consolidation entries that are not transacting on S4 Hana system can be reviewed and understood by group finance.
Act as the central point of contact for business experts around the world to ensure any local requirements are being met as part of the stabilisation.
Arrange a review and cleanse of dormant companies in the system and work with the Company secretary team to ensure closure.
Work with the group finance team to ensure any recommendations for changes to system knowledge and documentation is available and prepared and the business know where to find it.
Partner with Studios Group and BBC Group finance teams to ensure any adaptations or new processes are in place following implementation.
Provide assurance that any recommendations for changes to the S4 Hana and SAP BPC system complies with BBC Group accounting policies.
Are you the right candidate?
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Commercial awareness of current and prospective technical accounting and reporting requirements under IFRS, with knowledge of application
- Solid understanding of consolidation principles in an international group, including an awareness of the impact of foreign exchange on trading performance
- Experience in production of statutory and management reporting
- Confident working within a project environment and managing tight deadlines. System implementation experience advantageous
- Proficiency working with and preparing primary statements from source data including a good understanding of how to prepare a cash flow statement
- Proactive and self-motivated with the genuine drive and commitment to improve the effectiveness of reporting processes
- Confident and flexible team player, accomplished at communicating effectively at all levels
- Excellent spreadsheet and IT skills (prior experience of using SAP BPC or equivalent consolidation system would be an advantage)
- Qualified accountant, with post qualification experience
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and consolidation in a complex multinational organisation obtained either through industry or practice
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.