SVP, Marketing, BritBox
This job has been closed.
**You must be legally authorized to work in the United States in order to be considered for this role.
We’re looking for an accomplished and strategic marketing executive to serve as BritBox’s SVP of Marketing to lead the company’s marketing and communications efforts for our ambitious and growing direct-to-consumer service. This person must be a customer-obsessed leader and display a unique balance between creative thinking and roll-up-your-sleeves operational skills. This role oversees all creative, performance marketing, partnership marketing, and promotions by managing a team of dedicated and inspired individuals.
- Lead and manage the marketing and communications functions across the business including strategy, creative, partnerships and media buying.
- Guide, oversee, and mentor a team of marketers, communications experts, and creatives to deliver on a holistic marketing and communications strategy that achieves departmental and company goals
- Be the steward of the BritBox brand and ensure our tone and personality resonates across all channels to the ever-expanding pool of our addressable audience
- Develop an intimate knowledge of the target audience and understand how to reach them and communicate with them through paid, earned and owned channels
- Be responsible for the campaign process for multi-million dollar campaigns, delivering strong stakeholder management as well as leading the team through to delivery and analysis
- Be responsible for marketing leadership through the campaign process for multi-million dollar campaigns, including leading the definition of the overarching strategy, budget, creative tone/messaging, desired KPIs, deliverables, and analysis
- Be the team champion of the audience’s perspective, assuring all strategy and messaging revolves around an “audience-first” approach
- Serve as the senior level marketing thought leader offering strategic input and guidance across the broader organization to ensure all teams benefit from market knowledge
- Collaborate with internal teams, particularly Content, Product, and Business to develop new innovative solutions that help achieve company goals
- Develop and manage relationships with creative agencies, platforms, vendors, and media agencies where necessary
- Work collaboratively with the media team and creative agencies to deliver highly effective insight led campaigns from brief through to execution delivering on the overall KPI’s
- Own the overall marcomms budget and input into annual planning based on learnings from previous campaigns
- Lead on the development of the branding of future propositions and product launches
- Lead on ad hoc projects as needed
Are you the right candidate?
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- 15+ years marketing experience in the entertainment industry preferably for D2C businesses
- A deep “rolodex” of contacts and relationships across creative, agencies, vendors, and industry organizations
- Focus on digital media, eComm, customer acquisition and OTT services, primarily in the US
- Experienced in balancing across owned, earned and paid media channels
- Demonstrable experience of managing creative and media agencies across a multiple campaigns
- A thorough knowledge of marketing principles, branding and customer acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team and inspire creativity throughout the organization
- Strategic and creative thinking with the ability to use market data and customer insight
- Experience in leading strategic discussions with C-level executives
- Easy going personality and entrepreneurial spirit suited to a fast-moving startup environment
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills as well as a refined design aesthetic
- Proven track record leading and managing teams
- Experience in and in-depth knowledge of British TV media
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here