Senior Commercial Analyst
The job has expired.
Job Title: Senior Commercial Analyst
Contract type: 12 Months Contract
Location: Singapore and Australia (Sydney)
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits- We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible-hour working week for work-life balance.
Purpose of the role
As part of the Commercial Planning & Analytics team, the primary aim of this role is to provide decision support and create value for BBC Studios by using your exceptional relationship management, financial modelling, analytical and business case development skills.
- Produce & present financial and operational analytics that provide forward thinking insights enabling strategic decision support
- Collaborate closely with the various lines of business to provide deal support in the form of analytics, insights and recommendations that maximise value during negotiations with customers
- Produce business cases to support investment in new products, events, channels, campaigns
- Prepare industry and competitor analysis related to Digital / IPTV, Subscription and Free to Air Networks, Home Entertainment
- Collaborate with external partners to gather data that will inform financial and operational analytics
- Work with the heads of numerous lines of business and leverage your understanding of commercial drivers to support the development & submission of budgets and forecasts into finance systems
- Continually challenge current thinking and make recommendations on how to optimise business opportunities and minimise risk/cost to the business.
- Interpreting commercial contracts so that financial models reflect underlying commercial terms
- Provide advice and guidance to the business on any ad hoc commercial and contractual matters, to ensure optimum long-term value for BBC Studios
- Using your understanding of business systems and processes to determine divisional needs and identify new system opportunities or business processes which will provide added benefit
- Utilise and develop financial models and systems used by the CP&A team
Who you’ll be working closely with
- Daily: Heads of numerous lines of business and their operational teams across BBCS, ANZ Senior Commercial Finance Business Partner, Senior Commercial Analysts, Actuals and Reporting Team
- Weekly: APAC Head of Commercial Finance, APAC Finance Business Partners, APAC Business & Legal
- Monthly: Presenting to General Manager and the Australian Management Team of BBCS ANZ
- As needed: Global Finance, Tax, Business and Legal Affairs teams
Are you the right candidate?
The skills and experience we'd love you to be able to demonstrate
- Exceptional collaborative, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and outcome focused
- Customer service focussed
- Drive, enthusiasm, and a desire to assist BBCS in achieving an ambitious growth strategy
- Experience working closely with non-finance functions such as sales & business development
- Strong communication skills and can clearly communicate ideas and insights to non-finance
- Budgeting, forecasting and long-term financial planning in fast paced commercial organisations
- Ability to balance project work with BAU requirements
- Experience working in multi market / regional focussed roles is ideal but not critical
- Ability to apply accounting knowledge to a commercial environment
- Ability to collaboratively design, build and review financial models for significant business initiatives.
- Experience using accounting software packages; SAP desirable.
- Very strong English speaking and writing skills.
What education background is ideally suited to this role
- Degree qualified in Finance, Business, statistics or similar discipline
- Accounting experience with CA or CPA qualification desirable.
What is in it for you
- Be a part of an organisation whose number one objective is to support its people and their wellbeing
- Learn how an organisation funds, creates, distributes and commercialises premium content globally
- Contribute to the creation of a best in class Commercial Planning & Analytics team in the region
- Investment by the business in learning and development
- Flexible working arrangements
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.