The job has expired.
Role: Communications Executive
Contract type: Perm - Full Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
You must have full working rights in Australia.
Please submit your CV and Cover letter by the 21st April to be considered.
Based in Sydney and part of the Asia Pacific Communications team, this role has responsibility for managing publicity for our hugely successful Bluey brand in the Australia and New Zealand region, as well as supporting other Communications campaigns and initiatives, including internal comms.
- Lead and take full responsibility for ANZ Bluey PR campaigns, liaising with the local broadcaster and commercial partners, and working with the US-based Global Comms lead for Bluey and the ANZ marketing, licensing and live events teams.
- Manage the relationship with Ludo production team as their main PR contact on the ground in Australia. Prepare briefing documents for Ludo, coordinate logistics and support the production talent through interviews.
- Anticipate and manage issues that originate in the region, handling reactive issues as required and advising on social media response.
- Work with production and the local broadcaster to source materials for publicity eg, behind-the-scenes, images, clips, Q&A with talent that can be used for local and global press purposes.
- Research, write, distribute and pitch press releases and information. Ensure our partners’ announcements are in line with Bluey brand values.
- Research and organise press/public facing events and activities.
- Maintain/ create strong relationships with consumer, specialist, trade press and influencers.
- Research, write and implement internal communications for the Asia Pacific region on ‘the app’ (our internal social media platform) and help drive global internal communications initiatives in the region.
- Contribute to our BBCS ANZ LinkedIn and Twitter feeds.
- Work closely with UK and global comms teams to co-ordinate announcements/stories for media outlets, as required.
- Support the Head of Communications, Asia Pacific and the ANZ Comms team on other comms initiatives as required.
Are you the right candidate?
Proven experience of media relations, particularly on consumer PR campaigns
Excellent news sense with ability to write, clear and lively copy, which stimulates media interest.
- Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills (spoken and written) with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of contacts at different levels.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise.
- Excellent creativity and idea-generation
- Be digitally savvy.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Motivated and proactive personality
- Ability to work effectively in a team and lead on projects.
- A passion for television and British content.
- Knowledge/experience of the media/broadcasting environment and/or brand licensing PR.
About the BBC
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.