Marketing Manager/Senior Marketing Manager
The job has expired.
Contract type: Permanent - Full Time
We’re happy to discuss flexible working. Please indicate your choice under the flexible working question in the application. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
The Senior/Marketing Manager helps shape content, commissioning strategies and editorial propositions informed by audience insight. The role develops and delivers the BBC’s brand marketing strategy for the genre of children’s content, supports the development of key children’s brands to create commercial growth, and manages relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders across multiple lines of business covering content sales, brand licensing and consumer products.
Campaign Delivery for the Genre of Children’s Content
- Lead the development of major campaign briefs to deliver against strategic objectives (consumption, perception, brand) across multiple media and platforms.
- Support the Head of Marketing, Greater China leading relationships with stakeholders, shaping content/genres/programmes or products.
- Direct and shape the delivery of effective creative work that reflects brand guidelines.
- Ensure the annual plan and all campaigns are delivered within budgets and timeframes.
- Develop relationships with internal creative, communications, brand, digital teams and external agencies.
- Approve and ensure all campaigns comply and are in line with BBC editorial and brand guidelines.
Strategy and Planning for Children’s Brands
- Develop strategies for individual children’s brands within in the context of overall BBC brand strategy working with colleagues to develop campaign media strategies and agree appropriate media channels and press and public relations opportunities.
- Agree targets for individual campaigns, and manage the necessary research in conjunction with audience research.
- Undertake post-campaign evaluations using appropriate analysis and measurement tools to ensure marketing informs product development and market positioning.
- Shape the evaluation process by leading regular reviews of campaign output with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Manage the budget for the channel/genre/product campaigns and ensure delivery within budgets and timeframes.
- Develop plans to manage key channels/genres/products through launch, growth, maturity and decline.
- Lead relationships with multiple BBC stakeholders to deliver projects with their full support.
- Hold regular reviews with managers and stakeholders of campaign output vs brand guidelines.
- Manage and mitigate risks and issues escalating as appropriate.
Commercial Growth for Children’s Brands
- Support commercial team to pursue new commercial opportunities or promotional partnerships to achieve and exceed global growth objectives through client / industry research, the creation of pitch materials, and briefing and managing the creative team to deliver pitch materials (e.g. pitch decks, imagery and videos).
- Work with commercial team to both identify new and develop existing children’s brands, working with the genre and brand teams to support the development of growth strategies .
- Understand consumer trends, requirements of broadcasters and digital platforms, and new technologies translating this to inform new deal opportunities.
Leadership, Relationships and Development
- Contribute as a key member of the Greater China Marketing team to deliver the marketing plan, team objectives, individual objectives, and performance expectations.
- Deputise for Head of Marketing, Greater China when required.
- Oversee team interactions to ensure collaborative relationships with creative resources, both in-house and from agencies to optimise output. Establish effective working relationships with content sales, brand licensing, creative, communications, brand, and digital teams.
- Inspire the team to innovate, be aware of developments in marketing and technology/digital trends, maintain links with the industry and incorporate insight into marketing activity.
- Lead efficiency and effectiveness to provide value for money.
- Comply with all relevant BBC safety rules, procedures and guidelines, and be aware of responsibilities under the BBC safety policy
- Comply with the BBC’s policies on diversity and apply the principles of the policy when carrying out the role.
- Contribute to making the BBC Studios in China a good place to work, attracting and motivating the best people.
Are you the right candidate?
The Senior/Marketing Manager is expected to have marketing experience within the media industry or an industry with similar scale and complexity including
- Managing and developing major children’s brands through their lifecycle in a complex business or media environment, using advanced marketing techniques.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- Innovating in digital and social media campaigns within the media or an industry of similar scale and impact.
- Leading team members to manage delivery through in-house and third party creative resources.
- Team leadership, able to manage self and others within a complex matrix environment.
- Delivering with a marketing budget and using resources effectively balance creative aspirations with limited financial and other resources.
- Leading collaboration across organisational boundaries
- Knowledge of the media industry and an interest in its output.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with senior managers across a range of disciplines.
- Ability to influence and persuade people at all levels to build support for courses of action.
- Able to anticipate the challenges and opportunities which arise from market place developments and translate these into a coherent medium to long term strategy.
- Experience of developing and implementing strong brand identities for international children’s brands.
- Prior experience with global entertainment/media company
- Understanding of the BBC and its place in the media market.
- Understanding and experience of editorial compliance and Fair-Trading policies.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here