Asian Network Radio Production Development Scheme
The job has expired.
BBC Asian Network Radio Production Development Scheme
Applications for this new scheme is now open and will close at 23.59 on Monday 16th May.
Interviews and assessments will take place on the Wednesday 22nd & Thursday 23rd June.
This 4 month scheme will include a full month of BBC Academy Training followed by a 3 month seconded placement with a Birmingham based audio production company working towards Asian Network programming.
- Want to get hands on experience working on Asian Network content and be part of the commissioning process?
- Want to receive industry standard training from the BBC’s top producers?
- Want a chance to share your creative ideas with programme teams across radio and the wider BBC?
To be eligible for this scheme you must prove you have the following:
- An interest in developing skills and knowledge in radio production.
- Have knowledge and passion about South Asian culture and music and want to see it represented in the media.
- At least two years’ experience in any of the following: making your own podcast, broadcasting radio programmes, working in TV & Film or creating digital content
- Based within the West Midlands and able to commute to Birmingham when required
The placement period will take place on: Monday 8th August – Friday 9th December
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?! THEN YOU COULD BE A GREAT A FIT FOR THE NEW ASIAN NETWORK TRAINEE SCHEME.
Are you the right candidate?
YOU NEED TO:
- Have at least 2 years’ experience in audio production (at any level) or be working in the screen and/or digital industry.
- Be creative and brilliant, passionate about radio, music and everything that appeals to a young South Asian audience.
- Be able to work flexibly. Asian Network is a 24/7 radio station. The days and hours could vary and include weekends or evening shifts. However we will take personal circumstance into consideration when assigning the placements and always give as much notice as possible.
- Be 18 or over and from the West Midlands.
YOU DON’T NEED TO:
- Be qualified! You DON’T NEED any qualifications. Instead, show us that you have a passion for audio production and want to take it to the next level.
- Want to be the next Harpz Kaur, Ankur Desi or AJD. This is an 'off air' scheme, for people interested in careers in off air digital production roles. It is NOT a scheme for people interested in presenting or being DJs.
About the BBC
We don’t focus simply on what we do – we also care how we do it. Our values and the way we behave are important to us. Please make sure you’ve read about our values and behaviours in the document attached below.
Diversity matters at the BBC. We have a working environment where we value and respect every individual's unique contribution, enabling all of our employees to thrive and achieve their full potential.
We want to attract the broadest range of talented people to be part of the BBC – whether that’s to contribute to our programming or our wide range of non-production roles. The more diverse our workforce, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our audiences in all their diversity.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We will consider flexible working requests for all roles, unless operational requirements prevent otherwise.
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please click here